The process for adding your site to Google News is slightly different from that for appearing in normal search results. In fact, certain layout and writing criteria must be respected in order to then request an addition.
Set up: 5 to 10 minutes
Processing before validation: up to 3 weeks
The criteria to be respected
The request to add your site will be subject to review by Google, so you must meet certain criteria (which are common sense criteria) to avoid the risk of seeing your site refused.
Have a clear and readable content
That is, having content that does not contain spelling or grammar errors and that is not overrun with advertising. In your articles you must also cite your sources if there are any, date them and sign them, this contributes to the clarity of the reading and the quality of the article.
Respect the freedom of others and copyright
In your articles, you should not quote or give personal information in relation to a private person. You should also not post any content that you do not have the copyright for. In the event of repeated violations, your account may be deleted.
Avoid all prohibited practices
That makes sense and yet Google the reminder. I will do the same.
We can exclude: sexual content, content that incites hatred, violence or illegal practices.
Sponsored content is prohibited.
- Article URLs must be unique and permanent
- Links to internal articles must be in HTML
- Your page must be in HTML
- You should not prevent Googlebot and Googlebot-news user-agents from crawling and indexing your site
Request the addition of your site
- Access the Google News Center for Publishers
- Click on Request for inclusion in the news index (you must first have added and proved that you are the owner of your site in the Search Console for it to appear).
- Fill out the form that appears then validate
- You will have an answer within three weeks
Google sources: Content Regulation | Technical guidelines for the index
Read also : Audials Tunebite: Record Deezer, Spotify, Play Music