Samsung Root Galaxy J5 SM-J530F Android 8.1.0 Oreo. This method gives full access to the root, without flashing the ROM
- You use this method at your own risk. Neither me nor Current Trends can be held responsible for any damage to your smartphone.
- Using incorrect files can damage your smartphone.
- The process of rooting can result in the total deletion of your data. So remember to back up your important data
- If your device has a modified firmware counter, rooting will activate it. You can reset the counter to zero with the Triangle Away app, if it supports your device
- For KNOX compatible devices (function that guarantees the integrity of the device), rooting will activate the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status (= KNOX WARRANTY CANCELED), this means that the KNOX function will no longer ensure the integrity of your smartphone: learn more
- If your device's storage space is encrypted, rooting will erase all your data, remember to back it up
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one can damage your device. more informations
Follow the instructions below carefully. Take time. Inquire if you have any doubts. Good unclamping 😉
- Activate development options go to settings > about the phone > software information. Press 7 times version number or build number to activate the development options
- Activate OEM unlocking and the USB debugging (in parameters> development option)
- Download and unzip ODIN v3.13.1: https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and install the drivers for Samsung phones: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy J5 SM-J530F
- download no-verity opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip
- Then download the latest version of MAGISK
Install TWRP and the Samsung Root Galaxy J5 SM-J530F Android 8.1.0 Oreo
Install and start TWRP
- Make sure your phone is not locked by RMM.
- Then, on PC, open the ODIN software
- In Option, tick F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download check AP and select the path to the TWRP file .tar
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open the Download Mode or ODIN Mode: to enter the Download Mode press and hold the Volume Less + Home buttons, then while holding down these buttons, hold down the Power button. Release all buttons when Download mode or Odin mode appears.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy to your PC with a USB cable and press the Volume Plus button.
- On the PC, the Odin software will automatically detect the port of your device. Once your device is detected, click on Start, then wait for the operation to take place.
- On your smartphone, to exit Download mode and enter TWRP Recovery mode: hold down the Volume Minus + Home and Power buttons, then immediately press the Volume Plus button when the screen is blank while holding down the Home and Power buttons . Release all buttons when TWRP Recovery mode appears.
Set up the rootage
- Once TWRP is started, decrypt the data partition, click Wipe> Format Data, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- WARNING!!! Do not restart your smartphone until you have installed RMM Bypass, otherwise the RMM security will be automatically triggered
- When the data partition decryption is finished, return to the TWRP home screen and install no-verity opt-encrypt and RMM Bypass zip (click Install and select each zip to install)
- In the same way, install Magisk: click on Install and select Magisk
- Finally, to restart your phone: go back to the TWRP home page, click on Reboot> System. Android may take a long time to launch, don't worry, don't touch any buttons and wait. You then arrive on the Android configuration menu 😉
If for some reason you cannot install TWRP after several tries and different methods, here is more information on installing TWRP. Otherwise you can also try to flash the ROM directly: How to flash the ROM on the SM-J530F (tutorial in English).